Energy and Climate Change
Energy efficient appliances usage are replacing conventional appliances
Example of Energy efficient appliances usage are replacing conventional appliances
- AC control panel that uses a PLC (programmable logic controller) installed in the Faculty of Engineering Building where there are many laboratories. AC control using PLC aims to make electricity use more efficient. The workings of this AC control is to use programming time that is adjusted to the activities in each room (06.30-17: 00). So that the hours that are not used for activities both practicum and other activities, the AC will automatically turn off and can only be turned on by the operator if there is an AC request outside of the agreed hour.
In 2019, Telkom University is planning to use a temperature sensor that will be installed in every room that uses AC as much as 30% with the following temperature settings:
- Laboratory: 22 – 25 degrees Celsius
- Server Room: 18 – 20 degrees Celsius (1 room)
- Workspace: 24-27 degrees Celsius
- Public Street Lighting at Telkom University using a Solar Cell source (street lighting using solar cells). Only about 15% of all existing PJUs have utilized Solar energy. So that it can reduce the electricity consumption specifically for PJU.
- Use of LED lights for street lighting using LEDs. Of the total 225 public street lighting in Telkom University, 221 have used LED lights (98.2%). The rest are only 4 lights that have not used LEDs. In addition, in 2019, there will be a planned replacement of public street lighting that enters the Telkom University area, so that it is targeted that all public street lighting will use LEDs.
- Meeting room and a TA courtroom that uses LED screens. The use of this LED screen will save electricity consumption compared to the Projector. As many as 40% of the meeting rooms and courtroom TA have used LED screens. In addition, some laboratories use the All in One PC as shown in Figure 4. The electricity consumption of the All in One PC is 12.5% of conventional PCs (All in one 65 Watts, conventional PCs 550 Watts)
- Telkom University employees using laptops in their daily work. As many as 74% of all Telkom University employees (lecturers and staff) use laptops. Electricity consumption from laptops is only 8% compared to conventional PCs.
We have also implemented a program to replace room lighting using LED lighting. This year around 1250 lamp units have been replaced with LEDs. The electricity consumption of LED lamps is only 10% of conventional lamps. In the future Telkom University has planned to replace room lamps that are not yet LED. In 2019, Telkom University budgeted Rp. 250,000,000 (two hundred and fifty million rupiah) for the replacement of this LED lamp.
- Making prototype Smart Class Room
- Procurement of Solar Cells for Green House needs (Supply of compost processing power)
- LED PJU procurement of Telkom campus area