417,92 metric tons
Telkom University Go Green Mission
Comfortable learning atmosphere
Comfortable learning atmosphere encourages productivity and creativity of students and lecturers.
The northern and South part of the campus will be plant more tree.
Increasing the academic community’s awareness to care about the environment.
Maximized waste management
Recycle waste, reduce waste, build environmental awareness, save energy.
These efforts are gradually bearing the result. One of them is Tel-U managed to top 10 at National and top 150 of the world rankings from Greenmetric University of Indonesia (UI GreenMetric World University Ranking). source : https://greenmetric.ui.ac.id/
During the last three years, all academic community work together to realize the Green Campus by doing these action:
• build the lake and fill it with a variety of fish
• build Bio pore, pay attention to irrigation
• Replacement of energy saving lights (LED, Solar cell)
• Planting building with automation
• Forest campus
• Protection of birds, a ban on bird shooting
• Café from Bamboo
• Preparation of a bicycle parking lot
• No smoking on campus
• Construction of roads and parking lots using paving blocks
• build the Gazebo for discussion and learning
• Construction of buildings considering the plenty sunlight and air vents
This achievement is certainly not the final goal, the main objective of Tel-U is increasing the academic community’s awareness to care about the environment. Thus, the commitment to maintain an exquisite campus is not only quantitative but also figures more as a necessity of life that protecting the environment is not only a duty of academic community, but as human beings with dignity.